Catherine has been an ACE (American Council of Exercise) certified Personal Trainer since 1994 and a certified Pilates Instructor through the Physical Mind Institute in NYC since 2000. She is certified in Pilates Mat and Pilates equipment including The Reformer, The Cadillac, The Wunda Chair and The Barrel. She has experience with Osteoporosis, Balance, Nutrition, Breast Cancer Recovery, Shoulder, Hip and Knee Replacement, Spinal Stenosis, Herniated Discs, Strength Training, and Fitness for Older Adults, among others. She just completed an Orthopedic Exercise Specialist Program through ACE, 2018.
She earned her BA Degree with Honors in Dance Performance/Composition from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Working professionally as a singer/dancer/actress, locally and nationally, since 1986, Catherine has a unique perspective on the physical maintenance needed to prevent injury and remain a vital performer; techniques that are applied in Bodiology training. She trained at The Pilates House in Hopkins, Lonna Mosow’s Center for Mind/Body Fitness, The Firm, and The Regency Athletic Club.
Catherine has trained a variety of clients, from former Viking Chris Carter and his wife Michelle to the CEO of Wilson’s Leather to a 70 year old woman with extreme scoliosis. She believes in safe and challenging workouts that are designed for each client and their specific goals. With Pilates, what you learn in the studio will improve the quality of your life outside of the studio.
Fun facts about Catherine:
- Catherine is a working actress in the Twin Cities. Her last, favorite show was a 3 month run at the Jungle Theater in “Urinetown.”
- She loves to bike, doesn’t like to run but still does it, and tries to workout 5-6 days/week.She was a professional dancer with the Minnesota Jazz Dance Company.
- She performed in a successful 10 piece rock show band for twelve years.
- She bummed around the world for one year with one duffel bag and very few clothes.
- She loves, loves, loves, pasta, chocolate, and a stiff Manhattan on the weekends.
- Her nick name is Betti.